Friday, May 7, 2010

Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill

So I was talking with a friend and she mentioned a website that I should check out to help with the oil spill and I did! It's great!
What I learned.....

Human hair is one of nature's most effective absorbents.
There is a national organization called "Matter of Trust" which solicits hair to be used as oil absorbing mats. One pound of hair cleans up one quart of oil and the hair mats can be used up to 100 times.

I have a great opportunity to help!!! I usually keep the hair I cut for my garden to keep the critters away but NOW want to keep it and ship it to the cause to make hair mats. Hopefully I can get other salons involved too! Anything helps, right?!
I am super excited to be able to do this and hope to see all of you for hair cuts to donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment